Hi Folks! We have some exciting new opportunities coming up and also our meeting on Monday, June 8th.
Saturday, June 6th – In-the-hive Workshop $10/person
Can’t find a mentor? Then join us at the Saturday’s In-the-hive Workshop to ask your questions…build confidence…learn bee care skills and network With other Beekeepers (Ranging from New To Seasoned beekeepers) at this In-the-hive practical beekeeping session. Bring a veil or borrow ours.
Learn:what to look for when inspecting your hive…how to care for a new colonyprepare for summer’s drought…observe brood…drones…earn how to find the queen. And more.
Rsvp to Kristi at botnizn for specific address. $10/person.
Monday, June 8th at 6:30 pm- Rockwood Nature Center
- RPBBA updates
- Our guest speaker, Grace Chapman from the Lewis-Ginter Botanical Gardens
- Discussing Pollinator Plants (plants that will attract and support beehives) and Helpful Companion Plants (plants that can be used to naturally repel insects instead of using pesticides).
Click here for a map/directions Rockwood Nature Center June 13th from 11 am to 3 pm –
· Maymont Bumblebee Jamboree – NEED VOLUNTEERS JUNE 13 10 A.M. TO 3:30 P.M. – if interested in volunteering, please see info posted here.
· DEADLINE – Place your order by June 17thto Dadant & Sons Beekeeping Supplies Company for free delivery at the 6th Annual Rockwood Honey Bee Festival. Dadant & Sons catalog can be viewed at http://www.dadant.com/catalog/
June 27th from 11 am to 3 pm –
- 6th Annual Honey Bee Festival sponsored and staffed by Rockwood Park Backyard Beekeepers Association members. Still need volunteers!
July 13th at 6:30 pm-
· A bee expert will (TBA) will discuss Signs and Clues of Beehive Problems and Disasters
Russ Lescault, VP