Rockwood Park Backyard Beekeepers Association (RPBBA) is raffling off this beautiful, custom-built cedar beehive at the State Fair on October 5, 2014. One of our very own members, Greg Abell, made it – a huge thank-you to him!
TICKETS are only $5 each!!!
Full 10 frame hive. It has 1 deep super, 2 Medium Supers a screen bottom board with beetle trap and a garden roof.
Raffle drawing will be on Oct. 5, 2014 at the State fair. Get your tickets in advance – come to any meeting, give us a call at 804-404-2339 or to request tickets by mail please complete this form (click here).
You do not need to be present to win.
***Looking to place a clazzified ad? Click here.***
This is an official RPBBA-sponsored ad.
Kid’s Day at the Garden 2013 was Great!
Written by Staff, Great Big Greenhouse
Kids Day in the Garden 2013 was a great success! Thank you for attending!
Spring is a Great Time to Explore the Outdoors!
A Free Event… Rain or Shine… May 4 from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Make tracks to Huguenot Park and the studios of the Community Idea Stations on Sunday, May 4, 2014 from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. for aFREE day of hands-on fun exploring science and nature. The educational programs of the Community Idea Stations, Science Matters and Ready to Learn, and Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation are co-hosting a special day in the park to give children and their families plenty of exciting outdoor experiences. Over forty local community groups with expertise in outdoor adventure, healthy living, and environmental science will engage you in activities ranging from nature walks to tree climbing, archery and fishing, paddle boarding (on dry land), gardening, camping, art making and much, much more.
Curious George, Smokey the Bear and several Mermaids will be some of the characters joining in the fun. Come and check out your local PBS and NPR stations while touring the radio and television studios. You’ll even get to see yourself on TV (the green screen that is!) Snacks, drinks, and great food will be available for purchase.
If you’d like to learn more about this free event, check out this video of our 2013 event:
Join the fun at Huguenot Park and the Community Idea Stations at 10901 Robious Road, North Chesterfield, Virginia on May 4th, 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. The day is free thanks to our sponsor, Virginia 529 College Savings Plan.
Check out some of the Activities happening this year:
- Get up close and personal with live owls, raptors and reptiles
- Hike the trails of Huguenot Park and learn about trees and animal tracks
- Join some “Bug Walks” to uncover all kinds of creatures
- Explore rocks and minerals of Virginia
- Discover hidden Geocaches
- Try your hand at archery
- Climb aTree with a special guide
- Play Fishing games and try Stand up Paddleboarding-on dry land
- Enjoy Nature-based arts and crafts and a recycled art project
- Discover square foot gardening
- Learn all about bees and how to identify birds and their songs
- Play lots of outdoor games in the field games area
- Learn all about the James River, Chesapeake Bay and the Virginia Institite for Marine Science
- Meet Smokey the Bear, Curious George and Mermaids and other characters
We have great times at our meetings!